1. I have gotten into the shower with my socks on. More than once. Actually, more than twice.
2. I can barf on command. Seriously.
3. I have four tattoos and plan on more. The symbol for "breathe" on my left foot, a chain of vines on my right ankle, 6 different colored stars on my right shoulder that represent my family members' birthstones and a black "sun" on my left shoulder.
4. My eyes are green, with gold rings around the pupil. I like them very much.
5. I went trick-or-treating until I was 17. My best friend and I dressed up as young boys and ran around the neighborhood collecting candy. I don't think we fooled anyone, though.
6. I used to steal my Dad's car and drive around town when I was 15 or 16. Mom, I finally admit it. I was the one that knocked over the mail box. I'm sorry.
7. I am a Jesus freak.
8. I love the smell of gas, vinegar, paint and nail polish remover. Weird, I know.
9. When I am angry or frustrated, I clean stuff until my hands are raw. Not necessarily mentally healthy, but the side effects are awesome.
10. That said, I find clean windows amazingly wonderful. Most aesthetically pleasing.
11. I used to be an Army Vet Tech, but I don't really care that much about animals. I'm not a die-hard proponent of animal rights. In fact, I have been known to say things like, "UGH! It's JUST a DOG!". It's mean, I know, but I can't help it.
12. I am very afraid of clowns. Not like "uncomfortable" afraid, but "phobia" afraid. They make me break out in a cold sweat. Really long bridges and creaky floors have the same effect.
13. I have worn glasses and/or contacts since I was 8.
14. I once ate a silk worm because I thought it was a potato.
15. I have lived in Korea, Germany, Texas, New York, Connecticut, Washington state, Illinois, Tennessee and Kentucky.
16. I know how to shoot a gun. Accurately.
17. A few times a year, I request a perfectly roasted marshmallow. I loooovvvvveeeee them, but only allow myself a couple because I love the idea of savoring them more than the act of eating them. (This year, I actually had several because my kids were competing to make the most perfect one.) If only I had the same idea about all other sweets.....and potato chips.
18. My own dog broke my fingers this year. What an idiot! But he is still living here, so who is the idiot,
19. When I laugh really hard, I do so silently, mouth wide open, eyes squeezed shut and then I cough and cry. And sometimes pee. So embarrassing.
20. I have fallen down in every country and state I have ever visited. My hubs thinks it's super hilarious to announce this fact to random people.
21. I have a sick fascination with all things medical. I will pull teeth, pick zits and clean ears obsessively on anyone who asks. And my good friend recently asked! I watch Discovery Channel just to see if I will ever get disgusted enough to stop, but the grosser the story, the more drawn in I am.
22. I can't watch scary movies without covering my eyes.
23. After I had Josh, I asked the nurse that was discharging us, in all seriousness, if they really trusted me to take him home. I also told her I didn't think that was the smartest idea because I had NO CLUE what I was going to do with a baby.
24. I married my love after knowing him for 4 months. We then kept it a secret from everyone for 3 months because we didn't want to be "judged". We laugh about that now.
25. When we lived in Korea, I would often speak in Spanish. I know, I know....I have no defense for this behavior, I'm crazy.
This blog chronicles the lives of the Caffee Clan: Brian, Kelly, Josh, Jason, Lauren and Katelyn as we navigate life as a large, loud, military family that lives on the verge of complete chaos! I'm Kelly, AKA "Mom", "Mama", "Babe" or the "1SG's wife", I am 37, a stay-at-home-mom that dreams of someday working in the marketing field. I love photography, scrap booking, healthy eating and cooking, my family, music and dancing!! I have a fetish for gross medical stuff, like unusual diseases or strange growths, and sometimes I wish I was a midwife. As you read, you might notice that I have an slight obsession with cleaning and germ-avoidance, but do not fret, I am aware and I am working on it. And I love making lists! I have lots of opinions about lots of things and this is what is represented here! I'm not always right (wait, I'm NOT??) but I always have something to say!!!